"resolve_error" is normal and expected, depending on how you're using the indicator. I use it on the BitMEX XBTUSD chart for BTC , which required the "Symbol Selection Method" option to be set to "Manual".
If there is Bitfinex long/short data available on tradingview for the symbol of your chart and you're on a Bitfinex chart or a chart with a matching symbol, "Auto" will work. Otherwise, you need to enter the symbol manually.
You can search for "Longs" or "Shorts" in the TradingView symbols to see what is available.
See the options for various ways to render this indicator to get the view you're looking for. You may also want to click the indicator's title with the downward triangle/arrow and select "Merge Up" to overlay the indicator with the price.
Longs Value (green) | Shorts Value (red) | Longs Percent (green) | Shorts Percent (red)
- Symbol Selection Method:
- Auto: Use the current chart's symbol. Only works for pairs that have margin data available on TradingView, and only on Bitfinex charts or charts with the same pair names, i.e. ZRXETH , XMRBTC , etc)
- Manual: Enter the Bitfinex pair/symbol manually
- Manual Symbol Choice: The Bitfinex pair/symbol to use when Symbol Selection Method" is set to "Manual"
- Render Longs / Render Shorts: Rendering both longs and shorts at the same time causes both to be indiscernible due to scaling.
I suggest adding the indicator to your chart twice, then toggle off "Render Shorts" on one and toggle off "Render Longs" on the other one.
- Display Type:
- Absolute: Render the regular, absolute values of the positions.
- Percent: Render the percentage of longs and shorts of the total value of both. Higher resolution charts offer better views of this.
- Highlight Extremes: Change the background color when longs or shorts are considerably unbalanced (see "Extreme Theshold" and "Interpretation").
- Extreme Threshold: The percentage value at which longs or shorts are considered extreme. 60% longs can signify overbought and 60% shorts can signify oversold.
See the excellent material by Bitcoin Trading Challenge on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...
- Background (unless "Highlight Extremes" option is disabled):
- Green: The percentage of shorts is equal to or greater than the extreme threshold.
- Red: The percentage of longs is equal to or greater than the extreme threshold.