It is meant to be used to filter out periods of consolidation, and determine if the bulls or bears are in control when there is enough action to possibly start a trend.
The is not used to find overbought or oversold conditions, but to find momentum and filter out sideways movement.
The ASH is used to filter out sideways movement by looking at the difference between the bulls and the bears and when the difference is below either the bulls or the bears, the market is considered to be consolidating. Otherwise, direction for possible trends are determined by which line is above the other.
Blue background = Bulls are in control of the ACTION
Orange background = Bears are in control of the ACTION
Gray background = No ACTION - DO NOT TRADE
- Added bypass options for the RSI, the ASH and the F**k U Candle ATR filter.
- The upper and lower thresholds for the RSI work for quantized RSI values now as well.
- Added Signal Reliability Filter.
- If turned on, it detects a max amount of signal changes in a lookback period to see if we can continue to rely on the signals. If more signal changes happen than we allow, it turns the color transparent, to warn about weak signals being produced. One could choose to either stay away from trading until the color turns solid again, or trade at half the risk.
- Changed ASH to bypassed by default as the main thing is the RSI anyway.
- Changed default settings to Quantized values for the RSI and Heikin Ashi as input, as well as the period to use for the RSI to 5. It has proven more reliable.
- Fixed a bug that made bypassing the RSI impossible.